Pay-to-PlayProhibition on Business Entity Contributions (N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.3 through 20.25):
Contributions by for-profit business entities that have or are seeking New Jersey government contracts‚ a practice known as pay-to-play‚ are subject to restrictions. A contribution made prior to the award of a contract may disqualify a business entity from receiving a contract‚ and the business entity is prohibited from making certain contributions during the term of a contract. These pay-to-play restrictions apply to contracts at the state‚ legislative‚ county‚ and municipal levels of government. In general‚ regulation of these contributions is a matter of government procurement law.
Disclosure of Certain Contributions by Business Entities (N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.26‚ 20.27):
A for-profit business entity that has received $50‚000 or more through government contracts in a calendar year must file the Business Entity Annual Statement (Form BE) electronically with the Commission to report contract information and reportable contributions it has made. The due date for the annual disclosure report is March 30th for disclosure of information for the prior calendar year.
To access the Form BE and file‚ follow the steps below:
Business Entity Annual Statement (Form BE)
- MUST use Adobe Acrobat Reader – FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader Download
- RIGHT CLICK the PDF document link, then choose Save Link As...‚ Save Target As...‚ or Download Linked File As... from the pop-up menu.
- SAVE the form to your computer desktop
- OPEN the saved form on your computer desktop using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- FILL out the form
- SAVE AS PDF (NOT AS PRINT TO PDF)
- Note: You should be able to enter the report after it has been saved and modify fields if necessary
|Short Form BE – RIGHT CLICK to Download||
|Long Form BE – RIGHT CLICK to Download|
|If you have made NO REPORTABLE CONTRIBUTIONS to candidates or committees during the calendar year‚ please file the Short Form BE.||If you HAVE MADE REPORTABLE CONTRIBUTIONS to candidates or committees during the calendar year‚ please file the Long Form BE.|